Parents, please click here for After School Program policy. Thank you!
Holy Angels Catholic School is pleased to announce Mr. Justin Armitage as Principal for the 2018-19 school year.
For 12 years, Mr. Armitage served as both teacher and administrator. The last 8 years he worked as assistant principal at Milwaukee Lutheran High School in Milwaukee, WI. In this role, Justin served as dean, assistant principal of student life, and director of the Freshmen Preparatory Academy.
A few of his greatest contributions include the creation of a Student Life Mentor program, service on a technology leadership committee, and development of a behavioral intervention process. Justin also served on the Board of Directors for School Choice Wisconsin since 2017.
“My Catholic faith is important to my family and me, and I have felt in my heart for a few years now that I would like to serve in a Catholic institution again,” said Mr. Armitage. “I am very excited to serve as principal in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis as part of the Notre Dame ACE Academies.”
“Justin is energized by the fact that this urban Catholic school is committed to preparing students for college and heaven, and he looks forward to bringing out the best in all employees and students. He is eager to meet the students and families in the Holy Angels community,” said Mrs. Gina Fleming, Superintendent of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis.
Mr. Armitage is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice and Cardinal Stritch University where he earned a Bachelor of Arts, Masters of Arts in Teaching, and Masters of Science in Educational Leadership. Mr. Armitage will begin work throughout the month of July in preparation for the first day of school on Tuesday, August. 7.
Holy Angels is a Notre Dame ACE Academy in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis. The Notre Dame ACE Academies are a national network of schools operated in partnerships between the University of Notre Dame and (arch)dioceses that focus on continuous improvement in teaching and learning, Catholic school culture, and financial sustainability. Holy Angels serves grades PK (age 3) through 6th-grade in the near northwest side of Indianapolis. For more information, please visit www.holyangelscatholicschool.org.
School Uniform shirts must be purchased through School Zone (5424 N. Keystone Ave.)
- Per the Holy Angels Covenant, parents/guardians are expected to serve their child by ensuring that the child arrives to school in a clean, proper school uniform, prior to 7:30 am every school day.
- Scholars who are not dressed appropriately may not be permitted to participate in school activities or classroom learning. Violation of the uniform policy will result in notification to the scholars’ parent/guardian. Parents may be requested to bring a change of clothing in for their child to be in compliance with the uniform policy.
- When there are chronic uniform concerns, parents/guardians will be required to meet with an administrator.
Prohibited Items Below:
Pre-K classrooms have differentiated expectations for the Uniform Policy based on predetermined themes.
RightFit, a new non-for-profit organization, will launch a multifaceted pilot program at Holy Angels Catholic School beginning in January 2017. RightFit's mission is to provide an after-school program that create an opportunity for elementary school students to build positive relationships with public safety personnel and fight childhood obesity through nutrition-oriented education and physical activity. The program will be made possible by partnerships with Indianapolis Public Schools, the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, and other community partners.
The pilot program will run three days per week from January through June 2017. Holy Angels and three IPS schools will participate.
- An incentivized exercise program staffed by Indianapolis Public Safety
- Volunteer Support utilized beyond public safety for staffing exercise and tutoring sessions
- Dinner will be provided at no charge to all student participants
This is a wonderful opportunity for our students at Holy Angels, and more information, including registration, will be shared in the coming weeks!